Folks, that sound you hear off in the distance is me crying tears of joy because NFL Football is set to return tomorrow! Real live, football will be coming to your televisions at 8:20pm EST on Thursday when the Chiefs host the Titans to open the season.
The best part about this is that this is just the first of 256 regular season NFL games to be played over the course of the next seventeen weeks. Here at 366 Sports, we will have you covered this entire season with the best coverage of the NFL Season with the following shows!
- Lineups and Lock-Ins Fantasy Show- 10:30am-11:00am EST LIVE on Facebook.com/366Sports!
- Individual Team Preview Shows 11:00am-11:45am EST
- Big Blues Kickoff Show (Giants) LIVE on Facebook.com/Giants366
- Football Morning Take Show- 11:55am- Kickoff LIVE on Facebook.com/366Sports
- The Take Makers Podcast- TWO Episodes Per Week Aired on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, and Facebook Video
- Recorded Sunday Nights to be released Monday morning during SNF to recap the week’s games
- Episode Two will be recorded/released on Wednesday and/or Thursday nights to preview the coming week’s games.
In other words, I will not have a social life for the next 4 months and I couldn’t be more okay with that. It’s been a tough year but football coming back is going to make life feel so much more normal again, even if things aren’t totally back to normal yet. Knowing that you can turn on your TV on Thursday night, Sunday, and Monday Night to watch the best sport on the world can comfort even the most tired soul. I can’t wait for it.
As I try and do every year, I like to get my season predictions on record so that you all can laugh at them when I’m dead wrong. I’m not going to be giving you an in depth analysis on each team. Instead, I’ll post my predicted record for each team division-by-division and give you a sentence about my thoughts on each team. It’s more fun that way and it doesn’t bog you all with less important details about why I have the Jags going on 2-14 when you can just look at their roster.
Let’s get to it and start with my home division, the NFC East. Please note that an “x” denotes a team predicted to be a wild card. Also, please remember that there will be 3 wild card teams from each conference this year!
- Dallas Cowboys (12-4) – I hate how well this team drafted and I hate how good they look on paper this season.
- Philadelphia Eagles (9-7) – Carson Wentz has no help in what needs to be the best season of his career.
- New York Giants (5-11) – Knowing my luck, Leonard Williams will lead the team in sacks and Dave Gettleman will pay him $100M for him to never even remotely live up to the value of his contract.
- Washington Football Team (4-12) – You can take the R******s out of Washington team name but you can’t take the R******s out of the Washington Football Team.
- Minnesota Vikings (10-6) – I can’t wait to see who this team loses to in the divisional round.
- Green Bay Packers (9-7) – They were the most fraudulent 13-3 team of all time last season and Rodgers’s last season in Green Bay won’t be special.
- Chicago Bears (6-10) – I’m setting the total at 3 Quarterback changes this season.
- Detroit Lions (4-12) – Not so bold prediction: Matt Patricia gets fired mid season.
- New Orleans Saints (12-4) – The most complete team in the NFC.
- x-Tampa Bay Buccaneers (10-6) – The growing pains will be more real than anyone wants to admit.
- x-Atlanta Falcons (9-7) – Matt Ryan will be an MVP candidate this season and the Falcons will be one of the most surprising teams in football.
- Carolina Panthers (4-12) – Football fans are about to realize just how bad Teddy Bridgewater is when he’s not playing in one of the best offensive schemes in the NFL.
- San Francisco 49ers (11-5) – This team may have reloaded better than any other team did this offseason.
- x-Los Angeles Rams (10-6) – Positive regression is due for the likes of Jared Goff & Co. as they may have the deepest receiving corps in football.
- Seattle Seahawks (8-8) – There’s been too many years where this team has been good and leaving Russell Wilson to carry the team by himself will now come back and bite them.
- Arizona Cardinals (6-10)- Let’s pump the breaks on the hype.
- Buffalo Bills (10-6) – This team will be the third wheel to the Chiefs and Ravens eliteness.
- x-New England Patriots (9-7) – Do people remember how bad Cam Newton was last season or is my memory broken?
- New York Jets (6-10) – Adam Gase is ruining Sam Darnold and it’s not fair.
- Miami Dolphins (6-10)- Brian Flores is going to be a star coach in this league and I’m excited to see what he accomplishes.
- Baltimore Ravens (12-4) – Lamar is due for some negative regression but he will still be elite and so will this team.
- x-Cleveland Browns (9-7) – Cc: @OldTakesExposed
- Pittsburgh Steelers (8-8) – Call me crazy but I don’t see how a 38 year old quarterback in Ben Roethlisberger is going to do well the season after having elbow surgery.
- Cincinnati Bengals (4-12) – Joe Burrow will be great but this year will not be great for the Bengals.
- Indianapolis Colts (10-6) – I legitimately can’t quit on Philip Rivers and it’s a problem.
- x- Houston Texans (9-7) – This team is so easy to laugh at because Bill O’Brien is such a bad General Manager but Deshaun Watson is still great and the defense should be decent too.
- Tennessee Titans (8-8) – “If what I saw in the 2019 NFL season from Ryan Tannehill wasn’t a mirage then we’ll keep it moving.”- Titans GM Jon Robinson analyzing the play of Ryan Tannehill in 2019, probably.
- Jacksonville Jaguars (2-14) – All this tanking to get a quarterback who may choose to stay in school over getting drafted by a team that’s going to move to London within the next ten years.
- Kansas City Chiefs (14-2) – The rich get richer and they are in a prime position to be elite contenders once again.
- Oakland Raiders (8-8) – They’re a quarterback away from being playoff contenders.
- Denver Broncos (7-9) – I had them as a playoff team before Von Miller’s injury.
- Los Angeles Chargers (5-11) – Tyrod Taylor is literally the good guy who dates the girl before she meets the love of her life and realizes that he just isn’t it.
Conference Championship Predictions
NFC: Saints over 49ers
AFC: Ravens over Chiefs
Super Bowl Prediction
Saints over Ravens- Drew Brees gets his John Elway/Peyton Manning/Michael Strahan ending.
Like my predictions? Hate my predictions? Let me know @dancouver366 on Twitter or Facebook.com/366Sports.