MATT’S FINAL 2021 NFL DRAFT New York Giants PREDICTION AND THOUGHTS:
1. The most likely pick is one of the 4 guys below. I think it would be Devonta Smith if all 4 were there but there’s also a good chance Smith is gone. How they rank Waddle, Surtain, and Horn is a bit of a mystery. I have it in the order I believe they’d take these guys but I could see anyone of these 4 being ranked above the other.
WR Devonta Smith
WR Jaylen Waddle
CB Patrick Surtain
CB Jaycee Horn
I think they next two most likely guys are:
OT Rashawn Slater
EDGE Kwity Paye
I would say there’s an 80% chance they end up with one of these 6 players. I’m definitely leaning toward it being a Bama WR.
2. This list assumes Receiver Kyle Pitts, WR Ja’Marr Chase, and OT Penei Sewell are all gone. The Giants would take any of these 3 at 11 if they fell. I’d say there’s a 5% chance they’d move up for one of them. It’s not super likely at all.
3. I wouldn’t be surprised if the Giants take Micah Parsons, but I ultimately don’t think they would. They like the player and they did their homework on him. I’m just confident in the fact that they like the the Bama WRs and the CBs more than Parsons. I can’t see a scenario where all 4 of those guys are gone. If they do go Parsons than bravo to the Giants – they did a great job keeping it under wraps.
4. I think the chance Dave Gettleman trades down is 15%. I think there’s a good chance they’ll try to drop down a few spots but it’ll be hard to find someone who wants to move up. Atlanta, Miami, Detroit, and Carolina seem like more likely trade up spots for teams that want a QB.
5. If the team does move down, I believe they’ll take an EDGE rusher. They really like Kwity Paye. They also like Jaelen Phillips and Azeez Ojulari. I don’t think Phillips or Ojulari are in the conversation at 11 though. Just a side note here: I think trading back for a mid round pick to reach for an EDGE is a mistake. I’d rather have the team sit at 11 and take one of these CBs or WRs.
6. I think there’s a strong possibility that Jaylen Waddle is the pick tonight. I think Surtain or Horn (maybe both) and Smith will be gone before the Giants pick at 11.
Be sure to check out Draft Night with 366 Sports and we’ll all find out together. It’s gonna be a great time. 8:00PM right on the Giants 366 Facebook page!