As I try and do every year, I like to get my season predictions on record so that you all can laugh at them when I’m dead wrong. I’m not going to be giving you an in depth analysis on each team. Instead, I’ll post my predicted record for each team in division-by-division format and give you a sentence about my thoughts on each team. It’s more fun that way because I won’t bog you down with all the details as to why the Texans are going to go 3-14 this year when you can just look at their roster.
Let’s get to it and start with my home division, the NFC East. Please note that an “x” denotes a team predicted to be a wild card. Also, please remember that there will be 3 wild card teams from each conference this year!
- Dallas Cowboys (10-7): Dak is back and the Cowboys should definitely be the favorites in the NFC (B)east. They aren’t Super Bowl contenders but they should make some noise.
- Washington Football Team (8-9): Fitzmagic is an absolute legend and their front seven is one of the best in the league but I can’t see them as a playoff team this year.
- New York Giants (8-9): This offensive line will be the death of me and it will ultimately be the reason why this team doesn’t make the playoffs.
- Philadelphia Eagles (6-11): Deshaun Watson isn’t walking through those doors anytime soon. Even if he does, this team is devoid of talent in most areas.
- Green Bay Packers (11-6): One last ride for Aaron Rodgers & Co. before the Packers become bottom feeders.
- Minnesota Vikings-x (10-7): Mike Zimmer hates Kirk Cousins and it’s so funny. With that being said, he should love his retooled defense.
- Chicago Bears (6-11): One of the toughest schedules in the league and they need to start Fields immediately to even have a shot.
- Detroit Lions (5-12): Dan Campbell will eventually restore pride to the great city of Detroit but it’s not happening this year.
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers (13-4): Have you heard that the Bucs are returning all 22 starters on offense and defense? Super Bowl or bust.
- New Orleans Saints (8-9): If Sean Payton ever benches Jameis Winston for Taysom Hill then I’m going to lose my mind.
- Carolina Panthers (8-9): If Sam Darnold is the real deal then this team can make a playoff push…
- Atlanta Falcons (6-11): This team is rebuilding around a 36 year old Matt Ryan. Ask a Giants fan how that one works out.
- Los Angeles Rams (12-5): People are going to see just how good Sean Mcvay’s offense can be.
- San Francisco 49ers-x (11-6): Play Trey Lance now!
- Seattle Seahawks-x (9-8): I’m really down on the Seahawks this year but the NFC is so weak that they should sneak into the playoffs.
- Arizona Cardinals (8-9): Kliff Kingsbury is a fraud.
- Buffalo Bills (12-5): If the Bills ever leave the great city of Buffalo for the trash city of Austin then they never deserve to win a Super Bowl.
- Miami Dolphins-x (10-7): If Tua is a legitimate NFL quarterback then they’re a playoff team this year. If he’s not then Deshaun Watson will lead them there next year.
- New England Patriots (8-9): I’m not buying the hype. Mac Jones will struggle at first and building through free agency is always a mistake.
- New York Jets (5-12): Zach Wilson is going to be incredible but the Jets are just not there yet.
- Cleveland Browns (11-6): Baker Mayfield needs a new contract. He’s going to have the best year of his career this year.
- Baltimore Ravens-x (10-7): I just tore my ACL writing this pick.
- Pittsburgh Steelers (8-9): You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain. Big Ben should have retired.
- Cincinnati Bengals (7-10): This pick would have been easier to make if this page had white stripes on the side. The page is also a lot bigger than it was last year so it’s just a little too hard to see right now.
- Tennessee Titans (10-7): This team looks like the Saturday at 4:30 wild card team this year.
- Indianapolis Colts (9-8): Carson Wentz ain’t it.
- Jacksonville Jaguars (6-11): If things get really bad then Urban Meyer is totally going to fake COVID so he doesn’t have to watch this team lose every week.
- Houston Texans (3-14): Bold Prediction: Mark Ingram retires midseason from this disaster of a team.
- Kansas City Chiefs (14-3): Super Bowl or bust.
- Los Angeles Chargers-x (10-7): Justin Herbert is going to be an MVP candidate.
- Denver Broncos (6-11): Vic Fangio’s seat is going to be on fire rather quickly this year.
- Las Vegas Raiders (5-12): Vegas is going to be overrun by opposing fans this year and for years to come.
NFC: Los Angeles over Tampa Bay
AFC: Buffalo over Kansas City
Buffalo over Los Angeles
Featured Image Credit: Keith Allison from Hanover, MD, USA, CC BY-SA 2.0 https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0, via Wikimedia Commons